About Me

fredag 9 maj 2014

6th Week of Big Game (Week 20)

This week I have been working on the map (surprise!). We have added physics on objects, so you can destroy/move/push objects by going through them. This works great because we can decorate maps a bit more, and have physics on objects. For example I have added physics on cave carts and some fences so you can rush through them. I will add them on all small objects that are decoration. So you keep the flow even if you run into some small objects lying around.



I also worked a bit on the GUI. Because some of us felt that it differed too much from our grahpical style. The old GUI felt like something from an iPhone or something similar. I did some tests with more hard edges and simpler shapes/colors. So it would fit the graphical style of the game. I'm not sure we have decided yet on how exactly the buttons should look, but I did some concepts.

The top one is the old button, the second one is more like our style, but too crowded for a button. They need to have a more clean background. The third button is the one closest to what we want. Something stylized and not so "manufactured".


I also worked on the score popup screen. I made the main graphic like rust from the characters texture. So it would fit the graphic style. But it felt a bit empty when it poped up, so I added some splattered circles behind for the extra effect. I chose circles because it would increase the contrast between the background and the main graphic. I chose dark colors because the text is white. In the beggining it was very few color variations and it was a bit dull. So I increased the strenght of colors and added some texture, to get more details in. I also changed the circle colors to complete black, so they wouldn't take too much attention away from the main graphic.




Soon GGC is here. Work Work! See you next time.




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar